Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ben The Bachelor's First Official Photo

It's all wine and roses for the new Bachelor to be - Ben Flajnik.  ABC released his first official promotional photo and it's a good one.  I was on the phone with my Uncle Norman earlier tonight, who has absolutely no interest in the show (can you believe?).  He asked if the show was still on and I explained that of course it's still on, but we have to wait until January 2nd, when Dancing with the Kardashians is over, before we get to see Ben.  He then said that he saw something recently in the news about a Bachelor couple who had broken up and that the man wanted the woman back. After about 5 seconds, I realized that he was talking about Emily Maynard and Brad Womack, then launched into a way too detailed history of Brad's history as The Bachelor.  I think he was sleeping after about a minute, but he politely listened anyway.

Tomorrow, The Husband and I are traveling down to Maryland to visit The In-Laws!  We are very excited to see them and their newly adopted two dogs, Lady and Buddy.  This will be the first time we're meeting the dogs, so I hope they like us!  Then Sunday will be a Redskins Party at his parents' house with some of my old DC friends (and my original Bachelor watching friends).

Last night, The Husband and I got a chance to watch American Horror Story.  Have any of you seen this show yet?  We saw the pilot of the season, which has an incredible cast: Connie Britton (from Friday Night Lights), Dylan McDermott (and his naked body parts), Frances Conroy (Ruth from Six Feet Under!), Jessica Lange, and 2 very creepy teenagers.  The creator of this FX show, oddly enough, was also the creator of Glee.  Glee is kind of like the completely opposite of this show, which makes it all the more interesting.  It's definitely worth checking out, but just a warning - you will need to cling to someone or something for about an hour after it's over.  I am still checking out our closets and making sure there's nothing behind the doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment