Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Think It's Fall

The Husband and our nephew Mikey celebrating his 3rd birthday
The temperature has finally started to drop here in New York City and football season is in full swing.  What have you all been doing to keep yourselves occupied in between Bachelor season?  The Husband and I have been visiting family, working hard at our day jobs and trying to get back into shape.  I am currently sitting in Starbucks working on some creative writing.  My legs are officially numb and I'm scared to leave my laptop to go to the bathroom, so it will only be a matter of time before this salted pretzel mocha (amazing!) something drink kicks in and I'll be back at our apartment for some relief.

Speaking of football season, JP Rosenbaum tweeted today about his decision of whether to watch football or meet Ashley at Bergdorf Goodman's from 2 to 4 PM today.  Not sure why she was there, perhaps another public event to greet the fans, but I need to know what her trick is for even making her man consider another option besides nachos and football watching.  I did learn that he's a Skins fan, similar to The Husband.

As for TV shows in the off season, there have been so many new ones that have kicked off recently that it's hard to decipher the good from the bad, and who has the time?  I couldn't be more excited for the season premiere of Dexter tonight.  There could potentially be a big issue though.  The Husband made a bold decision to swap out our 2 cable boxes with the new state of the art boxes offered up by the cable company only to learn that all of our taped shows are now wiped out from the old boxes and the new boxes are having technical problems and need to be rebooted every hour or so.  Boy is it fun to watch an episode of Jersey Shore only to have it black out on us just as Snooki is about to do something incredibly ridiculous - which is pretty much every episode.  Cable person is coming tomorrow AM, so hopefully this will get resolved asap.  What a crisis!

I haven't seen the new show "Up All Night," but I've heard it's very cute.  Supposedly so is "New Girl." Have any of you seen these?  Some others I've watched briefly but couldn't manage to maintain my interest: Playboy Club, Pan Am, Two Broke Girls, Whitney, Revenge, Suburgatory, Charlie's Angels etc.  We taped the Terra Nova premiere, but it got erased in the cable box swap.  Annoying!

Am I missing anything good?  We started X-Factor, and while I was happy to see Simon and Paula back together again, it seemed to be mostly the same formula of American Idol.  Big back story, underdog focus and feel good outcomes.

Alright, time to fight these Sunday night blues with a good dinner and some catching up with friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend and don't be afraid to shoot me an email and make a new friend or catch me on Twitter @FreeStaceyB.

No comments:

Post a Comment