Thursday, November 17, 2011

Carbs vs. Stacey B

I'm starving.  Or at least I think I am.  So our attempt to cook healthy meals for an entire week was a big failure.  Not to worry - we have been compiling all of the wonderful recipes you all sent in (keep 'em coming, btw) and I am determined to make them at some point.  We are going away the week before Christmas and with four weeks away, an emergency diet situation is upon us.

This means we are on day four of no carbs.  It hasn't been pretty, but drastic measures needed to take place if we want to show ourselves in public in bathing suits.  For the first 48 hours of this no carb diet, my stomach was making all sorts of crazy noises around 3 PM.  The thought of flaky, steamy, tasty bread is so overwhelming at times, it is hard to get it out of my head.  In fact, as I stare at the picture of this simple loaf of bread above, I find my mouth watering so out of control, that I am eager to finish this blog post.  I am trying to determine whether there is such a thing as carb less bread, pasta or ice cream and what such a thing would taste like.  It's not like I haven't been eating.  In fact, tonight we had roasted chicken with steamed vegetables as sides.  Then I ate my shoe for dessert.  Or at least that's what it seemed like, because those green beans had absolutely no taste.  And while I'm pretty sure my belly is full, I feel like there is something missing from my diet and it makes everything I ate seem unsatisfying.

The Husband made me a decaffeinated cup of coffee.  Why does such a thing exist?  Isn't this an oxymoron?  Kind of like carb less ice cream, right?  I guess some people like the taste of coffee, but not the caffeine.  I like the carbs in coffee ice cream.

Tomorrow night we are going to a friend's birthday dinner, so our little carb free extravaganza will definitely be called into question.  At some point, we'll reintroduce whole grain carbs back into our diet.  Until then, I may be chewing on my fingers.

Oh, and guess what The Husband and I got tickets to for this Saturday??? If any of you are in the NYC area, you should consider coming!! It's the American Kennel Club's "Meet the Breeds," with hundreds of different breeds of cats and dogs.  The best part about it is that you can learn all about the different types of dogs/cats that exist, learn what dogs/cats fit best with your lifestyle, personality, etc. AND you are not allowed to take any dogs home with you.  That's probably smart.  Anyhow it's this Saturday and Sunday from 10 AM to 5 PM at the Javitz Center (site of where I took the NY bar exam - horrendous memories there!).

No comments:

Post a Comment