Saturday, November 12, 2011

Date Night and Free Coffee

Some weeks are so busy that I actually have to schedule time with The Husband to see him.  This past week was one of those times.  Between family in town, movie screenings, football and hockey games, QT with The Husband had been hard to find.  So we decided that this past Thursday would be a date night for us and as I was off work for Veteran's Day (thank you to all the vets out there!), I would try to stay up past 10:30 PM.

On Thursday, The Husband walked in the door with flowers in his hand. We then loaded up the iTunes and had an impromptu dance party in the living room.  Then we walked to Patsy's Pizzeria and enjoyed some of the best pizza in the neighborhood.  On our way home, we dropped into a Starbucks for a night cap.  It was almost 9 PM, and kind of quiet in the shop.  The Husband and I were very excited for our pumpkin lattes to come out.  I'm not sure if it was the anticipation on our faces or the glow of having just consumed some delicious pizza, but the Starbucks employee said, "You two wouldn't happen to be on a date right now, would you?"

The Husband responded that we were in fact on a date.  I asked the guy if he could tell whether it was going to work out between my "date" and I.  He smiled and said something like, "I love love."

Then a couple minutes later, drinks delivered to the counter, the Starbucks employee said, "These are on me - for love."  Wow.

I am even more in love with Starbucks than I already was.  And oh yes, I should also be thankful for love, which had an equally important role in supplying those pumpkin lattes.  And most of all, thanks to The Husband for an incredibly great date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment